CRAVEN COUNTY - An autopsy will be done on the body of a woman who was pulled from the Neuse River Saturday, according to an investigator with the Craven County Sheriff's Office.
The incident happened off Maple Cypress Road, near Vanceboro.
The unidentified woman fell into the water while she was fishing, authorities said.
She was found unresponsive and did not survive.
The incident is being treated as a medical case.
Investigators are waiting on a coroner's report for cause of death, but say the woman might have had a heart attack.
No foul play is suspected.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft