CRAVEN COUNTY - An autopsy will be done on the body of a woman who was pulled from the Neuse River Saturday, according to an investigator with the Craven County Sheriff's Office.
The incident happened off Maple Cypress Road, near Vanceboro.
The unidentified woman fell into the water while she was fishing, authorities said.
She was found unresponsive and did not survive.
The incident is being treated as a medical case.
Investigators are waiting on a coroner's report for cause of death, but say the woman might have had a heart attack.
No foul play is suspected.
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida
- Updated Google launches offline YouTube app and Wi-Fi expansion in India