CHINCOTEAGUE ISLAND - Police are investigating a body found washed up north of the Chincoteague drawbridge Tuesday morning.
Carl Douglas Lewis, 56, of Beaufort, N.C., was discovered at 7:05 a.m. by a construction worker who was driving along Main Street, according to Police Chief Eddie Lewis.
"It doesn't look like any foul play," said Lewis shortly after the body was transported to the Norfolk medical examiner's office.
The police chief said the victim was last seen Monday at about 10:30 p.m. by friends and family on the privately owned fishing boat, Susan Rose.
Lewis, who was known to have a heart condition, reportedly fell off the boat while it was docked behind Don's Seafood restaurant.
Police are waiting to receive autopsy results to determine the cause of Lewis' death.
Copyright by Delmarvanow.com
Click here to view the original story.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend