CHINCOTEAGUE ISLAND - Police are investigating a body found washed up north of the Chincoteague drawbridge Tuesday morning.
Carl Douglas Lewis, 56, of Beaufort, N.C., was discovered at 7:05 a.m. by a construction worker who was driving along Main Street, according to Police Chief Eddie Lewis.
"It doesn't look like any foul play," said Lewis shortly after the body was transported to the Norfolk medical examiner's office.
The police chief said the victim was last seen Monday at about 10:30 p.m. by friends and family on the privately owned fishing boat, Susan Rose.
Lewis, who was known to have a heart condition, reportedly fell off the boat while it was docked behind Don's Seafood restaurant.
Police are waiting to receive autopsy results to determine the cause of Lewis' death.
Copyright by Delmarvanow.com
Click here to view the original story.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants