CURRITUCK COUNTY - Authorities in Currituck County say the body of a 16-year-old who disappeared while swimming on the Outer Banks has been found.
Currituck County Sheriff Susan Johnson said the body of Thomas Harman of Fuquay-Varina was found Monday by people walking along the beach north of Corolla.
Johnson said Harman was swimming with others about 4 p.m. Saturday around mile post 15 when the group began struggling in a rip current.
She said bystanders were able to rescue two of the swimmers but were unable to reach Harman.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'