CURRITUCK COUNTY - Authorities in Currituck County say the body of a 16-year-old who disappeared while swimming on the Outer Banks has been found.
Currituck County Sheriff Susan Johnson said the body of Thomas Harman of Fuquay-Varina was found Monday by people walking along the beach north of Corolla.
Johnson said Harman was swimming with others about 4 p.m. Saturday around mile post 15 when the group began struggling in a rip current.
She said bystanders were able to rescue two of the swimmers but were unable to reach Harman.
- Updated Oakland victim's mother: He didn't go there to die
- Updated 'Moonlight' named best picture by L.A. Film Critics
- Updated Trump warns Wall Street: I'm going to cut drug prices
- Updated Michelle Obama: I went to bed before Trump won
- Updated India's central bank says cash crisis is hurting the economy