AFGHANISTAN - The body of a Camp Lejeune Marine killed in Afghanistan has been returned to the U.S.
The remains of 19-year-old LCpl. Jeremiah M. Collins Jr., of Milwaukee, Wis., arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware Monday.
Collins died at Camp Leatherneck in Helmand Province on Saturday while supporting combat operations, according to the Department of Defense.
Collins was assigned to Combat Logistics Regiment 2, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune. According to family, Collins was an intelligence specialist.
Collins was a graduate of Hamilton High School in Milwaukee, his family said. He joined the Marine Corps in June 2012 and was promoted to his current rank in May 2013.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal