BEULAVILLE, DUPLIN COUNTY - Beulaville Police have identified the body that was found in a home Monday night.
According to investigators, 47-year-old Richard Benton was found dead in the home he was renting, located on Thomas Street. The son of the home's owner discovered the body at about 8:15 p.m. Monday night.
Benton's autopsy on Wednesday showed no signs of life-threatening illnesses, authorities said. But the cause of death is still pending until investigators analyze the toxicology report. According to police, there is no evidence of foul play.
Benton's body had been in the home for about three weeks, investigators said. He had lived there alone.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates