BEULAVILLE, DUPLIN COUNTY - Beulaville Police have identified the body that was found in a home Monday night.
According to investigators, 47-year-old Richard Benton was found dead in the home he was renting, located on Thomas Street. The son of the home's owner discovered the body at about 8:15 p.m. Monday night.
Benton's autopsy on Wednesday showed no signs of life-threatening illnesses, authorities said. But the cause of death is still pending until investigators analyze the toxicology report. According to police, there is no evidence of foul play.
Benton's body had been in the home for about three weeks, investigators said. He had lived there alone.
- Bill Nunn, famous for 'Do the Right Thing' role, dies at 62
- Updated Jordanian writer who shared cartoon mocking ISIS killed outside courthouse
- Security beefs up for Panthers game amid Charlotte protests
- Fifth night of Charlotte protests remain largely peaceful
- Updated Suicide bomber kills at least 6 in Iraq