BEULAVILLE, DUPLIN COUNTY - Beulaville Police have identified the body that was found in a home Monday night.
According to investigators, 47-year-old Richard Benton was found dead in the home he was renting, located on Thomas Street. The son of the home's owner discovered the body at about 8:15 p.m. Monday night.
Benton's autopsy on Wednesday showed no signs of life-threatening illnesses, authorities said. But the cause of death is still pending until investigators analyze the toxicology report. According to police, there is no evidence of foul play.
Benton's body had been in the home for about three weeks, investigators said. He had lived there alone.
- New Eyewitness claims woman threw kittens from moving car
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn