Selma, NC - Authorities say a 24-year-old woman has died during a family camping trip in Johnston County.
Officials say the body of Kandice Gillard was found on Saturday in the Little River near Selma.
Gillard's brother reported her missing after he woke up on Saturday and found that she wasn't at their campsite. Deputies found Gillard's body about 100 yards downstream.
Gillard's brother says they had been camping to celebrate his birthday. Authorities are still investigating and have not released a cause of death.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms