HARKERS ISLAND, CARTERET COUNTY - The Coast Guard rescued a boater who went missing off the coast of Harkers Island, officials said.
According to Harkers Island Fire Chief Chad Mann, crews found the male boater at about 4 a.m. Tuesday. He was waiting on shore when a helicopter came to pick him up, said Mann. The victim was not injured.
The victim's 17-foot sail boat had been stranded in the waters near Shell Point National Park on Harker's Island, said Mann. A search began just after midnight Tuesday.
The victim's identity was not released.
- Updated White House denies wrongdoing in conversations with FBI
- Updated JPD needs public's help identifying man wanted for questioning
- Updated India breaks taboos with new sex ed manual
- New Patriots' Gronkowski: 'No doubt' he will be ready for 2017
- Updated Judge: Only 1 other accuser can testify at Cosby trial