HARKERS ISLAND, CARTERET COUNTY - The Coast Guard rescued a boater who went missing off the coast of Harkers Island, officials said.
According to Harkers Island Fire Chief Chad Mann, crews found the male boater at about 4 a.m. Tuesday. He was waiting on shore when a helicopter came to pick him up, said Mann. The victim was not injured.
The victim's 17-foot sail boat had been stranded in the waters near Shell Point National Park on Harker's Island, said Mann. A search began just after midnight Tuesday.
The victim's identity was not released.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Updated Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son