HOBUCKEN - An elderly man was medevaced from Pamlico County after the boat he was on ran aground Saturday.
Three people were aboard a 19-foot long boat when it ran aground at the mouth of the Neuse River near Hobucken at 9:15 p.m. A 78-year-old man sustained injuries to his neck and back because of the accident. Two others were on the boat during the crash.
According to Coast Guard officials, a boat was dispatched to rescue the three people. Once ashore, the man was taken to Carolina East Medical Center.
Coast guard officials said they used a GPS to locate the boat.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms