HOBUCKEN - An elderly man was medevaced from Pamlico County after the boat he was on ran aground Saturday.
Three people were aboard a 19-foot long boat when it ran aground at the mouth of the Neuse River near Hobucken at 9:15 p.m. A 78-year-old man sustained injuries to his neck and back because of the accident. Two others were on the boat during the crash.
According to Coast Guard officials, a boat was dispatched to rescue the three people. Once ashore, the man was taken to Carolina East Medical Center.
Coast guard officials said they used a GPS to locate the boat.
- Updated 7 memorable presidential debate moments
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Updated High school football player dies two days after injury in game
- Updated Governor visits Bertie County to assess flood damage
- Updated Obama dons hat, blanket during Tribal Nations ceremony