HOBUCKEN - An elderly man was medevaced from Pamlico County after the boat he was on ran aground Saturday.
Three people were aboard a 19-foot long boat when it ran aground at the mouth of the Neuse River near Hobucken at 9:15 p.m. A 78-year-old man sustained injuries to his neck and back because of the accident. Two others were on the boat during the crash.
According to Coast Guard officials, a boat was dispatched to rescue the three people. Once ashore, the man was taken to Carolina East Medical Center.
Coast guard officials said they used a GPS to locate the boat.
- Updated FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan