WASHINGTON - Two boats are damaged in a weekend boating accident.
It happened in Beaufort County early Sunday morning.
Neighbors said one boat drove into another's dock. That dock is located at a home in River Acres in Washington.
The owner there had no comment on the accident, but neighbors said it was a couple who live nearby who were driving the boat.
"I happened to walk outside to put the top up on my boat and all the sudden I looked over and I said wow," neighbor Harold Byrd said.
Byrd said he was asleep when the accident happened, but woke up from the noise.
"It sounded like a muddled explosion."
Neighbors said no one was seriously injured.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's office, State Wildlife Resources officers investigated the incident.
Calls to that office have not been returned.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind the Oscars' biggest blunder
- New Jacksonville man accused of hitting teen in face with shovel
- Updated Top 25 roundup: UCF stuns No. 15 Cincinnati
- Updated Creighton's Watson turns himself in to answer sexual assault charge
- Updated Tesla gets downgraded to 'sell' by Goldman Sachs