RALEIGH - The North Carolina State Board of Elections has finalized three close races.
The board certified the victory of Republican Bill Cook in the State Senate District 1 race. Cook edged Democratic Sen. Stan White of Dare County by 21 votes. Cook, of Beaufort County, left the State House to run for the senate seat.
The board also certified U. S. Rep. Mike McIntyre in the 7th Congressional District. Democrat McIntyre wins a ninth term in Congress by beating Republican David Rouzer by 654 votes.
Amanda Stevenson was declared the winner over incumbent Judge Quon Bridges, by fewer than 300 votes, in a judicial district covering Vance, Granville, and Franklin Counties.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew