RALEIGH - The North Carolina State Board of Elections has finalized three close races.
The board certified the victory of Republican Bill Cook in the State Senate District 1 race. Cook edged Democratic Sen. Stan White of Dare County by 21 votes. Cook, of Beaufort County, left the State House to run for the senate seat.
The board also certified U. S. Rep. Mike McIntyre in the 7th Congressional District. Democrat McIntyre wins a ninth term in Congress by beating Republican David Rouzer by 654 votes.
Amanda Stevenson was declared the winner over incumbent Judge Quon Bridges, by fewer than 300 votes, in a judicial district covering Vance, Granville, and Franklin Counties.
- New Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated 'Cat man' of Aleppo takes in hundreds of abandoned cats
- Updated Gutierrez: 'Women are watching' Donald Trump's Miss Universe issue
- End of an era: BlackBerry will stop making its own phones
- Aetna insurance will subsidize the Apple Watch