RALEIGH - The North Carolina State Board of Elections has finalized three close races.
The board certified the victory of Republican Bill Cook in the State Senate District 1 race. Cook edged Democratic Sen. Stan White of Dare County by 21 votes. Cook, of Beaufort County, left the State House to run for the senate seat.
The board also certified U. S. Rep. Mike McIntyre in the 7th Congressional District. Democrat McIntyre wins a ninth term in Congress by beating Republican David Rouzer by 654 votes.
Amanda Stevenson was declared the winner over incumbent Judge Quon Bridges, by fewer than 300 votes, in a judicial district covering Vance, Granville, and Franklin Counties.
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Camp Lejeune reports death of Marine in Beulaville
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list
- Updated Onslow County Sheriff's Office seeking missing person