GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Officials announced Monday evening the next superintendent for Pitt County Schools.
According to the Pitt County Board of Education, Dr. Ethan Lenker will be the new superintendent.
Lenker currently serves as the superintendent of Sampson County Schools, a position he has held since 2008. Before that, he spent three years as the superintendent of Jones County Schools.
Lenker has worked in the education field for nearly 25 years, according to the Pitt County Board of Education. He has experience as a central office director, principal, assistant principal, and teacher in several North Carolina school systems.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal