GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Officials announced Monday evening the next superintendent for Pitt County Schools.
According to the Pitt County Board of Education, Dr. Ethan Lenker will be the new superintendent.
Lenker currently serves as the superintendent of Sampson County Schools, a position he has held since 2008. Before that, he spent three years as the superintendent of Jones County Schools.
Lenker has worked in the education field for nearly 25 years, according to the Pitt County Board of Education. He has experience as a central office director, principal, assistant principal, and teacher in several North Carolina school systems.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches