MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - A winner was crowned in the Bites and Blues competition that kicked off Toast to the Coast in Morehead City.
SoundSide Restaurant took home first place in Saturday's event, thanks to their seared beef tenderloin medallion. Kris Dykeman, Lee Taylor, Gus Headington and Patrick Hogan were part of the winning team.
During Bites and Blues, folks walked through downtown Morehead City to sample appetizers at restaurants, and decided which place had the best food. All the proceeds for the competition will go to scholarships for students in Carteret County.
Bites and Blues was part of the Toast to the Coast, a weeklong event that celebrates the Crystal Coast's finest chefs and restaurants. The festival will run through Saturday, March 9th.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return