CRAVEN COUNTY - A motorcyclist is recovering after crashing her bike when she says a car cut her off.
It happened on the Highway 70 bridge over the Trent River in Craven County about 7:30 Monday night.
The driver, 33-year-old Amy Miller said she slowed down to let a car go around her. That's when she says the car cut her off, and she laid her bike down to avoid running into the car. She then lost control and hit the guard rail.
The woman is now listed in "good" condition at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. She is recovering from cuts to her neck and a severe gash in her right forearm.
Troopers said the car that cut her off drover off after. They have not been able to find the driver, but said he or she would face several citations including unsafe passing and failure to use right of way.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday