MOREHEAD CITY, CARTERET COUNTY - The 55th annual Big Rock Blue Marlin tournament ended Saturday with the Hatteras Fever II winning the competition with a 465.3-pound blue marlin that the crew brought in Wednesday. The catch is worth $474,050, according to the tournament website.
The crew of the Sensation, based in Morehead City, will receive $206,950 for the 423.8-pound blue marlin they hauled in Monday.
The final day of fishing was an active one.
Of the 100 boats registered, 99 went fishing; crews released 30 blue marlin.
Throughout the week, there were 65 blue marlin, 40 white marlin, and 14 sailfish releases, according to the tournament website.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'