EUREKA, CALIFORNIA - Authorities in Northern California say there are no reports of injuries and no danger of a tsunami following a powerful 6.9-magnitude quake off the coast.
More than 1,000 people reported on the U.S. Geological Survey's website that they felt the tremor around 9:18 p.m. Pacific time Sunday.
There were about a half-dozen aftershocks.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County