NEWTOWN, CT - Bells have rung throughout a Connecticut town to commemorate the moment one week ago when a gunman began a shooting rampage at an elementary school that killed 20 children and six adults.
Gov. Dannel (DAHN'-uhl) Malloy and other officials led a moment of silence after the ringing of a bell at Trinity Episcopal Church.
The bell rang 26 times in memory of each life lost at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
The gunman also killed his mother before the massacre, and himself afterward.
- Updated Southwest pilots reach tentative deal with airline after 4 years of talks
- Updated NC DOT's Ferry Division prepares for tropical system
- Updated Tropical storm warning, small craft advisory issued for Carteret County
- Updated Hershey crashes 11% after chocolate merger talks end
- Updated Chicago, aka 'Chi-raq' likely to top 2015 in number of shootings