Eastern North Carolina residents can enjoy some fun in the sun this weekend.
Cool Canadian high pressure will move in from the north today. This will allow for our winds to be out of the north between 10-15mph. We'll have plenty of sunshine for your holiday plans. Heading to the beach? No problem, wall to wall sunshine, with temperatures in the mid 70's slight breeze out of the north around 10-15mph. UV index will be high, so make sure to wear that sunscreen. Water temperatures near 70-73°, wave heights near 1-3ft. Rip current risk remains low for the weekend.
We'll start temperatures into the 50's and then warm into the upper 70's to low 80's the next two days.
Memorial Day is looking nice too. Expect most of the day to stay mostly sunny with some afternoon cumulus clouds scattered about. It'll be sunny, warmer and more humid. Can't rule out a stray afternoon shower or thunderstorm, but most locations will stay dry.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County