A Carteret County man is convicted of second degree rape.
Charles Lindberg Gillikin III, of Beaufort, was sentenced to eight to ten years in prison and was ordered to register as a sex offender.
Gillikin III was convicted previously in 2010, but a Court of Appeals ordered a new trial because of improper instruction to the jury.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport