A Carteret County man is convicted of second degree rape.
Charles Lindberg Gillikin III, of Beaufort, was sentenced to eight to ten years in prison and was ordered to register as a sex offender.
Gillikin III was convicted previously in 2010, but a Court of Appeals ordered a new trial because of improper instruction to the jury.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday