BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - A Beaufort teen appeared in court Wednesday morning for allegedly trying to steal a television from her neighbor.
According to police, 16-year-old Mercedes Sheree Johnson broke into her neighbor's home at Carteret Court Apartments on April 11. The woman who lived there was not home at the time.
The resident told police when she returned, she discovered that her television was unplugged and moved.
Johnson turned herself in to police on Tuesday and was charged with breaking and entering. She was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $3,000 bond.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call the Beaufort Police Department at 252-728-4561.
- Updated Residents concerned wrecks at local intersection will only get worse
- Updated House Dems to FBI: Probe alleged Trump-Russian ties
- Updated Trump announces surprise meeting with Mexican president
- Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device