BEAUFORT, CARTERET COUNTY - The Beaufort Pirate Invasion begins at noon Friday, August 8, on the Beaufort waterfront.
For two full days, over one hundred 17th-century pirate and militia re-enactors will roam the streets of Beaufort. There will be sword fighting, cannon firing, and a mock trial amongst the actors.
There will also be pirate lessons, magic shows, a dog costume contest, and live music.
Award-winning research historian and author, Kevin Duffus, will be speaking about the popular myths of Black Beard. Tickets are $25.
It goes from 12 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Friday, August 8, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, August 9.
A full schedule of events can be found at http://www.beaufortpirateinvasion.com.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth