PINETOWN, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Northeast Elementary School dismissed at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday due to a power outage that left thousands in the region with out electricity.
The Beaufort County School District released the following statement Tuesday:
"Due to safety concerns brought on by the continued power outage, Northeast Elementary School will dismiss at 10:30 this morning. A bagged lunch will be provided before dismissal. Regular bus routes will run."
Power was restored to the area before 10:00 a.m.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- New Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend