PINETOWN, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Northeast Elementary School dismissed at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday due to a power outage that left thousands in the region with out electricity.
The Beaufort County School District released the following statement Tuesday:
"Due to safety concerns brought on by the continued power outage, Northeast Elementary School will dismiss at 10:30 this morning. A bagged lunch will be provided before dismissal. Regular bus routes will run."
Power was restored to the area before 10:00 a.m.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Rhymefest's angry tweet draws Chicago police apology
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction