WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - An undercover drug investigation has landed a Beaufort County man behind bars.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, Rodney Darnell Putney, 24, of Washington, was arrested on Nov. 7. He has been charged him with two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine and two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office Drug Unit conducted controlled purchases of cocaine from Putney behind the H&K Mart on Carolina Avenue in Washington, investigators said. The Sheriff's Office then notified Washington Police of arrest warrants on the suspect.
Putney was placed in the Beaufort County Detention Center under a $15,000 secured bond.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son