WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - An undercover drug investigation has landed a Beaufort County man behind bars.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, Rodney Darnell Putney, 24, of Washington, was arrested on Nov. 7. He has been charged him with two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine and two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office Drug Unit conducted controlled purchases of cocaine from Putney behind the H&K Mart on Carolina Avenue in Washington, investigators said. The Sheriff's Office then notified Washington Police of arrest warrants on the suspect.
Putney was placed in the Beaufort County Detention Center under a $15,000 secured bond.
- Updated Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Updated Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball
- Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- A local family's battle with addiction