WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - An undercover drug investigation has landed a Beaufort County man behind bars.
According to the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office, Rodney Darnell Putney, 24, of Washington, was arrested on Nov. 7. He has been charged him with two counts of possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine and two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia.
The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office Drug Unit conducted controlled purchases of cocaine from Putney behind the H&K Mart on Carolina Avenue in Washington, investigators said. The Sheriff's Office then notified Washington Police of arrest warrants on the suspect.
Putney was placed in the Beaufort County Detention Center under a $15,000 secured bond.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants