WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies say 38-year-old Jerry Davis, of Washington, claimed his truck was stolen, but it turns out it was all a scam.
Davis is charged with two counts of felony insurance fraud and conspiracy to obtain property by false pretenses.
Investigators said this all started back in 2008 when Davis reported his truck stolen. No leads were developed at that time.
However, five years later, through the help of a tip, The Sidney Dive Team, discovered the missing truck at the bottom of Tranter's Creek in Washington in early April.
Davis is out on bond. Deputies said an additional arrest in the case is pending.
- Updated Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend