A Beaufort County man is charged with burning personal property and communicating threats.
Deputies say when they arrived on Woolard Lane in Washington last Friday, they found Stephen Burrow, 38, sitting next to a fire.
They say Burrow was burning clothing and pictures. Deputies also report finding a knife on the scene.
Burrow is held without bond because the threat charge was a domestic violence charge.
- Updated Autism link to herpes during pregnancy may be overstated, experts say
- New Silver Alert issued for missing Beaufort County man
- New North Carolina lawmaker introduces 'life at conception' bill
- Updated Verizon to test 5G in 11 cities
- Updated Astronomers discover 7 Earth-sized planets orbiting nearby star