BEAUFORT COUNTY - The following is a news release:
The N.C. Department of Transportation's Ferry Division has temporarily suspended normal operations on the Bayview-Aurora route due to high winds from Tropical Storm Andrea. Operations will resume as soon as it is safe to travel.
Travelers are encouraged to call each ferry terminal directly with questions about specific ferry routes or schedules. Travelers can also call 800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and Press 1 for up-to-date ferry information, or sign up to receive Tweets on their personal cell phones by going to www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter