BLOUNTS CREEK, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Beaufort County deputies arrested a man who allegedly broke into a convenience store and stole lottery tickets.
According to investigators, 34-year-old Robert Benjamin Hooker, of Edward, shattered the front glass door of the Cross Roads Mini Mart on Highway 33 in Blounts Creek. Hooker then allegedly went inside and and stole lottery tickets. The heist happened on April 30 at about 12:58 a.m., deputies said.
Hooker was identified thanks to the store's surveillance system, according to investigators. He was arrested on May 9 on charges of breaking and/or entering, larceny after breaking and/or entering, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Hooker was being held at the Beuafort County Detention Center under a $15,300 secured bond.
- Updated 'Pizzagate' shooting suspect pleads guilty
- Updated NFL seeking Thursday Night Football livestream partner
- Updated Extra security added to several Onslow County schools after alleged threat posted to social media
- Updated Investors yank $8.9 billion from US stocks
- Missing Tennessee student: School chief appeals for girl's safe return