BLOUNTS CREEK, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Beaufort County deputies arrested a man who allegedly broke into a convenience store and stole lottery tickets.
According to investigators, 34-year-old Robert Benjamin Hooker, of Edward, shattered the front glass door of the Cross Roads Mini Mart on Highway 33 in Blounts Creek. Hooker then allegedly went inside and and stole lottery tickets. The heist happened on April 30 at about 12:58 a.m., deputies said.
Hooker was identified thanks to the store's surveillance system, according to investigators. He was arrested on May 9 on charges of breaking and/or entering, larceny after breaking and/or entering, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Hooker was being held at the Beuafort County Detention Center under a $15,300 secured bond.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president