HALIFAX COUNTY - (WTVD) -- Both lanes of I-95 North at mile marker 160 in Halifax County are closed after an accident occurred Friday just after midnight.
The crash involved eight vehicles and a bear. Troopers said a drunk truck driver plowed into vehicles that were stopped on the road. The truck driver was taken to the Halifax County Jail.
The lanes reopened around 5:45 a.m., but traffic is still delayed.
Motorists should use the following detour route: I-95 North to Exit 154 (N.C. 481 West) to N.C.4 North to N.C. 561 East back to I-95 North.
(Copyright ©2012 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Updated 'Moonlight' named best picture by L.A. Film Critics
- Updated Trump warns Wall Street: I'm going to cut drug prices
- Updated Michelle Obama: I went to bed before Trump won
- Updated India's central bank says cash crisis is hurting the economy
- President Obama marks 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack