Eastern Carolina - Windy conditions in the wake of a cold front have triggered a Beach Hazard Alert for east facing beaches in the southern outer banks and Carteret County.
This warning will be in effect through Sunday evening for onshore waves of 4-6 feet and the risk of dangerous rip currents.
Onshore the National Weather Service has also issued a Gale Warning in effect through Monday afternoon. This is for winds out of the northeast at about 25-30 mph gusting to around 35-40mph. The warning is in effect for the sounds and seas.
Winds won't completely subside until Tuesday morning.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated