FAYETTEVILLE, CUMBERLAND COUNTY - Police say a North Carolina woman severely injured a 4-month-old she was babysitting, causing brain injury and bleeding of an eye.
ABC affiliate WTVD reports that 35-year-old Yanin Del Valle, of Fayetteville, was arrested on Monday and is charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury.
According to warrants from the Fayetteville Police Department, Del Valle seriously injured a 4-month-old child she was babysitting in April. Del Valle allegedly caused the baby to suffer fractures, brain injury, and hemorrhaging of the right eye, the warrants state.
WTVD reports that the warrants do not specify exactly how the injuries were caused.
Del Valle was being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center under a $75,000 bond. She was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.
A neighbor told WTVD the suspect is a mother of three and often babysat neighborhood children.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms