TOLEDO, Ohio - An Ohio couple accused of putting a newborn in a freezer have been charged with murder.
Authorities on Tuesday upgraded the charges against the pair, who have been in jail for about a week on child-endangering charges.
Kenisha Pruitt and Antonio Cervantes, of Toledo, both appeared in court Tuesday. A judge set bond at $1 million for each. Both have asked for court-appointed attorneys.
A landlord found the baby boy's body while cleaning out one of his rental properties. A coroner last week ruled that the infant was born alive and had lived no more than two days.
The autopsy didn't reveal the cause of death or the infant's identity.
Photo Courtesy: toledoblade.com
- Updated Insurers' pullback has put Obamacare at risk, no matter what Congress does
- Updated Visually impaired students battle in robotics competition
- Updated Khalid Masood: from sporty teenager to murderous extremist
- AARP to Trump voters: This isn't the change you expected
- Missing Brady jerseys returned to Patriots