GREENSBORO, N.C. - Police say a 3-month-old boy has died after being left in a car alone outside an international market in Greensboro.
Authorities said someone called 911 around 1 p.m. Thursday and said the child strapped inside the car was not moving.
Investigators say people nearby got the baby out of the car and started doing CPR until paramedics arrived, but the boy was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police say they haven't determined how long the baby was inside the car at the Fanta City International Market. They say the investigation into the incident has just started and no charges have been filed.
The National Weather Service says the temperature in Greensboro was 83 degrees when the baby was found.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures