PITT COUNTY - Officials with the Pitt County Sheriff's office have arrested an Ayden woman in connection with a potential stabbing.
Officials said Sandra Avery was arrested and charged with assault inflicting serious injury.
The incident was reported around 8:30 p.m. Monday night, according to a spokeswoman with the Sheriff's Office. The incident happened at 3864 N.C. 102 East in Swift Creek, just outside of Ayden, officials said.
According to officials, a man with the same last name was transported to the hospital with cuts.
This case is being looked at as a possible domestic violence incident, deputies said.
NewsChannel 12 will continue to gather the latest facts on this investigation.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.