Eastern Carolina - 80 Girl scouts met at the Coastal Carolina Regional Airport Saturday for a ride of a lifetime. Scouts were given personalized airplane rides to see what it is like to fly. They spent the entire day learning about aviation.
One goal of Aviation Day is to provide female role models for all of the aspiring young aviatrixes. Aside from an airplane ride, girls were able to talk to real women in aviation-related professions. Guest female role models ranged from airplane mechanics, to air traffic control workers, to Air Force pilots.
The program was put on by the Flyin' Bears of New Bern.
- Updated Tornado watch continues for most of Eastern NC
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal