Eastern Carolina - 80 Girl scouts met at the Coastal Carolina Regional Airport Saturday for a ride of a lifetime. Scouts were given personalized airplane rides to see what it is like to fly. They spent the entire day learning about aviation.
One goal of Aviation Day is to provide female role models for all of the aspiring young aviatrixes. Aside from an airplane ride, girls were able to talk to real women in aviation-related professions. Guest female role models ranged from airplane mechanics, to air traffic control workers, to Air Force pilots.
The program was put on by the Flyin' Bears of New Bern.
- Updated Residents concerned wrecks at local intersection will only get worse
- Updated House Dems to FBI: Probe alleged Trump-Russian ties
- Updated Trump announces surprise meeting with Mexican president
- Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device