A woman was attacked by a shark at Holden Beach in Brunswick County Thursday.
According to Brunswick County Emergency Services Director Anthony Marzano, the shark bit the woman on the leg while she was swimming in about three feet of water.
Marzano said the 60-year-old woman's injury was not believed to be serious.
The attack happened between Ave. A and Ave. B about 3:15 Thursday afternoon.
There's no word yet on the woman's name or condition.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms