KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - The Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice says a juvenile placed in its custody at the Dobbs Youth Development Center in Kinston failed to return to the facility Sunday following a home visit.
The juvenile, identified only as Joshua D., pictured above, was last seen at 9:30 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 24) on Carver Street in the Lincoln Heights area of Halifax County. The division has notified local law enforcement.
North Carolina Department of Public Safety spokeswoman, Diana Kees, says due to the unpredictability of juvenile behavior, division officials have a high degree of concern for the safety of both the juvenile and the public.
If you see the juvenile the public is asked to notify local law enforcement.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Updated NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue