KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - The Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice says a juvenile placed in its custody at the Dobbs Youth Development Center in Kinston failed to return to the facility Sunday following a home visit.
The juvenile, identified only as Joshua D., pictured above, was last seen at 9:30 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 24) on Carver Street in the Lincoln Heights area of Halifax County. The division has notified local law enforcement.
North Carolina Department of Public Safety spokeswoman, Diana Kees, says due to the unpredictability of juvenile behavior, division officials have a high degree of concern for the safety of both the juvenile and the public.
If you see the juvenile the public is asked to notify local law enforcement.
- Updated Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response