KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - The Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice says a juvenile placed in its custody at the Dobbs Youth Development Center in Kinston failed to return to the facility Sunday following a home visit.
The juvenile, identified only as Joshua D., pictured above, was last seen at 9:30 a.m. Sunday (Aug. 24) on Carver Street in the Lincoln Heights area of Halifax County. The division has notified local law enforcement.
North Carolina Department of Public Safety spokeswoman, Diana Kees, says due to the unpredictability of juvenile behavior, division officials have a high degree of concern for the safety of both the juvenile and the public.
If you see the juvenile the public is asked to notify local law enforcement.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station