ATLANTA - Authorities say they are looking for more suspects in the abduction of a North Carolina prosecutor's father last week.
A federal judge in Atlanta denied bond Tuesday for five people accused in the abduction. A prosecutor said the FBI is still pursuing other suspects in the case but didn't give additional information.
Authorities say Frank Arthur Janssen was taken from his home in Wake Forest, N.C., on April 5 and was rescued five days later from an Atlanta apartment.
Charged with kidnapping were: Jenna Paulin Martin; Tiana Maynard; Jevante "Flame" Price; Michael "Hot" Montreal Gooden; and Clifton James Roberts.
Authorities have said the abduction was an act of retaliation related to Janssen's daughter's prosecution of North Carolina inmate Kelvin Melton. He has also been charged in the kidnapping.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County