DUNN, NC - Health officials in Harnett County have ordered the closing of a Dunn hotel after discovering bedbugs.
The Fayetteville Observer reports the county health department closed a Comfort Inn on Bud Hawkins Road following an investigation.
Investigators discovered remnants of bedbugs in bed frames and windowsills. A health department permit of suspension said bedbug fecal matter was collected on walls and mattresses. The permit also said bedbug exoskeletons were found in eight rooms on the hotel's first and second floors.
The hotel is required to cease all operations until it can fulfill the health department's requirements for reopening, which include thoroughly cleaning blocked rooms and removing any infestation.
Health department spokeswoman Debra Hawkins says it's not the first time there have been complaints of bedbugs at the hotel.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier