RALEIGH - (AP) - Actors hoping to perform in this summer's performances of the outdoor drama "The Lost Colony" have several chances to audition.
Auditions will be held Monday at Theatre in the Park in Raleigh in front of Ira David Wood III, who is executive and artistic director of the theater. Wood also is director of "The Lost Colony" in Manteo this summer.
Auditions also will be held Feb. 23 in Manteo and March 6-10 at the Southeastern Theatre Conference in Louisville, Ky. Auditions were held in January in Asheville.
The 76th season of the symphonic outdoor drama will begin May 31 and continue through Aug. 23 at the Waterside Theatre located in the Fort Raleigh National Historic Site on Roanoke Island.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County