WILMINGTON - After a Wilmington gun company had 39 hand guns stolen, one government agency and a trade association for the firearms industry are offering up a $10,000 for information leading to an arrest.
The thefts happened on July 28 at Wilmington Guns on the 7200 block of Market Street. According to a press release from the Charlotte Division of Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), it happened in the early morning hours.
The release offered $5,000 from the ATF for information that leads to a conviction. The release stated that money will be matched by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) for a total of $10,000.
The New Hanover Sheriff's Office is also investigating. It's unclear if there are any suspects in the case or how many people were involved with the burglary.
Anyone with information is asked to call the ATF at 1-800-ATF-GUNS.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day