A North Carolina native is on his way to the International Space Station.
Tom Marsburn -- from Statesville in Iredell County, north of Charlotte -- blasted off from Kazakhstan Wednesday morning.
It's his second time going to the International Space Station.
Marsburn and two other crew members are expected to arrive at the station by Friday. There, they will join another U.S. astronaut and two Russian cosmonauts.
The crew is expected to stay at the space station for the next five months, doing space walks and conducting experiments.
- Updated The history behind Kaepernick's anthem protest
- Police say erratic driving leads to arrest, stolen vehicle recovered
- Yokohama Tire Corporation Selects North Carolina for Technical Development Center, Creating 56 Jobs
- McCain, Rubio, Wasserman Schultz face Tuesday primary tests
- Parmalee announces their return to Greenville