NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - Police said they arrested a man who allegedly set fires at a Craven County apartment complex.
According to investigators, 28-year-old Johnny Si, of Red Robin Lane in New Bern, was taken into custody on Tuesday.
Police said Si set three fires at Woodland Crossing in New Bern, which were reported at about 3 p.m. Monday. According to Fire Marshal Danny Hill, the blazes were set in front of storage units 200, 300 and 400. Piles of straw and cardboard were surrounding the units, Hill said.
Si has been charged with two counts of burning other buildings, attempt to burn other buildings, breaking and entering, and injury to personal property. Si was being held in the Craven County Jail on a $50,000 bond. His first court appearance is scheduled for Thursday.
There was no word on a motive for the fires. No injuries were reported.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez