WILSON, WILSON COUNTY - Police have arrested a suspect accused of shooting and killing a Greenville man in Wilson.
The Wilson Police Department, with help from Durham Police, arrested 33-year-old Jose D. Lara-Zavala, of Wilson, on Monday. The suspect was arrested on the 3700 block of Mt. Moriah Road. in Durham.
Lara-Zavala is accused of shooting 41-year-old Victor Rojas (pictured), of Greenville, police said. Officers were dispatched to the 1700 block of MLK Jr. Parkway in Wilson at about 6:32 p.m. Sunday and found the victim dead.
Although a motive has not been released, investigators said the shooting was not random.
Lara-Zavala is charged with first-degree murder, said police.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Wilson Police Department at 252-399-2323 or Crime Stoppers at 252-243-2255.
- Updated Trump's special guests for congressional speech hint at a focus on immigration
- Updated Muhammad Ali's son says he was detained at airport because he's Muslim
- Updated Don't expect this Asian tech giant to do a high-profile meeting with Trump
- Updated Deputy al Qaeda leader killed In Syria
- Updated India's economy shrugs off cash crisis to post 7% growth