LENOIR COUNTY - Deputies arrest a Kinston man for allegedly taking indecent liberties with a young child.
Ricky Wayne Warren, 56, of 464 Kornegay Street in Kinston was arrested Friday by Lenoir Co. Sheriff's deputies. Deputies say the arrest stemmed from an incident reported to the Sheriff's Office on January 11, 2012. It concerned alleged indecent liberties of a young child by Warren.
After the investigation, the report was sent to the District Attorney's Office for examination and then went to the grand jury in August, where an indictment was issued.
Warren was arrested for Indecent Liberties with a Child and Lewd and Lascivious Acts. He was taken to the Lenoir County Jail under a $50,000 bond.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County