NEW BERN - A local elementary school student got a gift he didn't expect this holiday season- a surprise reunion with his dad, who he hadn't seen in a year.
Former New Bern football star Tiquan Collins, who serves in the U.S. Army, had been stationed in Korea for the past year. But on Thursday, he surprised his young son at Creekside Elementary School in New Bern. Check out the above video for the emotional reunion.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating