LILLINGTON, HARNETT COUNTY - Three men have been charged with murder after a 22-year-old man was shot and killed in Lillington.
Police say an argument around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday ended with the death of William Council in a street in the Harnett County town.
Authorities arrested brothers 21-year-old Tyrone Hardy and 22-year-old Davaughn Hardy and their cousin 21-year-old William Hardy. All three are charged with first-degree murder. It wasn't known if they had attorneys.
Lillington Police Chief Frank Powers says it is the first homicide to lead to murder charges in his town in 22 years.
- Updated Study: S. Korea will lead in life expectancy by 2030
- Updated Cat ownership not linked to mental health problems, study says
- Updated More than 200 indicted in Inauguration Day riots
- Updated 'Refugees Welcome' banner unfurled at Statue of Liberty
- State Department stays silent on foreign policy