Eastern Carolina - After early morning rain, a second batch of showers is likely to roll through eastern Carolina.
The morning rain was associated with a warm front. The warm front helped to steer heaviest rain north of eastern Carolina into Virginia. It also will usher in much warmer air.
This warm, humid air should provide enough fuel for a few afternoon showers and thunderstorms if they spark. There is about a 50% of afternoon showers, only about a 30% chance of them being thunderstorms.
Cold air rolls down Tuesday. Rain could be on the way again on Thursday into Friday.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens