Eastern Carolina - After early morning rain, a second batch of showers is likely to roll through eastern Carolina.
The morning rain was associated with a warm front. The warm front helped to steer heaviest rain north of eastern Carolina into Virginia. It also will usher in much warmer air.
This warm, humid air should provide enough fuel for a few afternoon showers and thunderstorms if they spark. There is about a 50% of afternoon showers, only about a 30% chance of them being thunderstorms.
Cold air rolls down Tuesday. Rain could be on the way again on Thursday into Friday.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend