Eastern Carolina - After early morning rain, a second batch of showers is likely to roll through eastern Carolina.
The morning rain was associated with a warm front. The warm front helped to steer heaviest rain north of eastern Carolina into Virginia. It also will usher in much warmer air.
This warm, humid air should provide enough fuel for a few afternoon showers and thunderstorms if they spark. There is about a 50% of afternoon showers, only about a 30% chance of them being thunderstorms.
Cold air rolls down Tuesday. Rain could be on the way again on Thursday into Friday.
- Updated Trump: I'd 'love' to fight Biden
- Updated Trump campaign manager: We are vetting people for Trump's cabinet
- Updated Posting ballot selfies: Personal choice or illegal act?
- Trayvon Martin unmentioned as Trump talks of blacks getting shot in the city he died in
- Clinton aide: Need to 'clean up' Obama answer on email server