GRIMESLAND, PITT COUNTY - A man was severely bitten by a pit bull while the victim was trying to save his own dog, according to Pitt County Animal Control.
The pit bull attacked the victim's dog in Grimesland Tuesday afternoon, prompting the victim to intervene, said Michelle Whaley of Animal Control. But the pit bull then bit the man in the arm and pulled, causing a lot of bleeding, Whaley said.
Whaley told NewsChannel 12 she was working to contact the pit bull's owner because the dog was not up-to-date on its vaccinations, and because it was injured during the incident. The owner must pay to get the dog medical treatment, or Animal Control would have to put the animal down, Whaley added.
The pit bull will be quarantined for 10 days, Whaley said.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures