GREENSBORO, DURHAM - A man was struck and killed by an Amtrak train in Greensboro.
Police said the man was hit about 4:15 p.m. Sunday on a track near Interstate 40.
His name has not been released while relatives are notified.
Greensboro police and Norfolk Southern Railroad are investigating.
Hours earlier, another person was hit and killed by the same train in Durham, according to WTVD.
Train 75 was traveling between Raleigh and Charlotte when it hit and killed the person at about 12:30 p.m. Sunday, according to Amtrak officials.
There were 80 passengers on board the train at the time. No passengers or crew members were injured.
Officials said the man was walking on the tracks at the time of the accident.
These accidents come more than a week after a woman was killed by an Amtrak train in Cary. Lauren Webb, 21, was hit when her boyfriend allegedly drove around the cross arms, authorities said.
The driver in that incident, Benny Dimery, 24, was charged with involuntary manslaughter.
- Updated Christian bakers who refused to make 'gay cake' lose discrimination appeal
- Updated Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Singer Kellie Pickler's father arrested in eastern N.C.
- Spidey-strength: Aussie arachnid carts off mouse-sized snack
- Battle for Mosul: How ISIS is fighting to keep its Iraqi stronghold