Goldsboro, WTVD - Officials said an armed man broke into a senior living community in Goldsboro Friday night.
Waylon Britt Thompson broke into Emeritus at the Pines of Goldsboro around 11 p.m. in search of his ex-girlfriend who works at the facility, police said. Thompson busted the glass on the front door of the building and fired into the facility.
The staff called authorities and evacuated the staff from the building. No residents were evacuated during the incident, and there were no injuries reported.
Police later arrested Thompson at his home. He is charged with breaking and entering, firing into an occupied structure, domestic assault with a deadly weapon, and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
He is being held in the Wayne County Jail under $60,000 bond.
--For more information, visit WTVD
- Updated Whopper of a deal: Burger King owner buys Popeyes
- Updated Survey: Business executives' optimism surges under Trump
- Updated Michelin Guide mix-up gives diner coveted star
- Updated Denver man practicing parkour ends up in chimney
- Updated Marine Le Pen in Lebanon row after refusing to wear headscarf