Goldsboro, WTVD - Officials said an armed man broke into a senior living community in Goldsboro Friday night.
Waylon Britt Thompson broke into Emeritus at the Pines of Goldsboro around 11 p.m. in search of his ex-girlfriend who works at the facility, police said. Thompson busted the glass on the front door of the building and fired into the facility.
The staff called authorities and evacuated the staff from the building. No residents were evacuated during the incident, and there were no injuries reported.
Police later arrested Thompson at his home. He is charged with breaking and entering, firing into an occupied structure, domestic assault with a deadly weapon, and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
He is being held in the Wayne County Jail under $60,000 bond.
--For more information, visit WTVD
- LIVE FBI reopening investigation of Hillary Clinton email server
- Updated Duplin County man arrested for drugs, guns and explosives
- Updated Viewer captures photos, video of manatees in Pine Knoll Shores
- Updated Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys
- Updated Stocks sink on Clinton email bombshell