GREENVILLE - The Greenville Police Department arrested a man for allegedly shooting a gun at local bar.
Police say they have arrested and charged 20-year-old Shaquille Montrelle Streeter for possibly shooting a man. He faces one count of assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill and one count of assault with the intent to inflict serious injury. Streeter is in jail under $250,000 secured bond.
The alleged shooting happened around 2:15 a.m on Saturday, Jan. 27. The bar is located at 2903 East 10th Street in Greenville.
According to police, a fight broke out while officers were in the parking lot. That is allegedly when Streeter fired off three rounds at several people. One round hit Jeremy Bellamy while the intended victim was not hurt.
Police do not know Bellamy's condition at this time.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- New State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day